Thursday, August 27, 2009

Still fighting

Dear friends,
I have been taking care of Norman for the past 21 months, since Nov 2007 and while part of me is very grateful that he has made it so well thus far,another part of me is screaming why, oh why doesn't it end soon! Since his second surgery in Feb 2009,he has poor control over his emotion. He gets angry over minor things especially with the children and no one can do enough to make him happy. Sometime I feel like pulling out my hair or something like that. Then I step back and try to see things from his side. Norman has always been a very independent person and now he is not able to work or drive. His sleep is always disrupted. His social life is non existent. He complains about being bored and there is nothing to do and he feels like craps most of the time! Sob! I can feel all his frustration and anxiety. As a result, I too don't sleep well, I don't want to exercise and feel like craps too! Well, no one says life is ever easy living with cancer!Let me learn to go through the bad times and enjoy the good times. Let me be thankful even for all these trails and tribulations from God. I am blessed to know that God will never forsake me and Norman. With strength and courage from God, we will overcome. Thank you for all your care and support.

Dorothy

No comments: